Saturday, February 16, 2008

When it Rains it Pours



What a stressful week!

Several projects going on.

One, my car has had three major problems for a long time.

I looked at a couple cars at a lot (where Jason has pull :-)

but didn't know if I wanted the payment. (my car overheating
while I sat there)

This was about three weeks ago. Finally I got

tired of pouring Antifreeze in and called our mechanic/friend,

Dick McClinsey. He has his own shop. He put a new water pump on it.

Wow, I had heat!

I had broken the turn signal off a couple years ago
and had to stick my finger in a hole to use them.
I made an appt for Thursday for my brakes, but they
went out on Tuesday.
I got the car in on Tuesday. I rearranged my work schedule
and told him he could keep it on Wed. too.
He accessed the problems.
He had a wrecked car where he could put the whole steering column on
instead of ordering a turn signal. He also remembered that car
had a new Master Cylinder put on before it wrecked. So that saved me money.
So for what I would have put down on a different car I put into
mine and it feels like a new car. I love it!! God was in control.


Another situation I wanted to get a new bedroom suit and redo our bedroom..
Fortunately, one of my friends had a three piece chest/desk set, solid wood (Maple)
which matches a piece in my room. I am getting a new bed. So I have been cleaning, getting rid of etc. The hardest part was to get Rick to part with an
antique dresser my cousin had given him and a gun rack he made when
he was young. I htink the maple antique outfit helped. :-)
But my living room is piled up with things I'm not sure yet if I am using.


Rick has his cold back. Oh my word..the world stops except for work.
Next year he is getting a flu shot.
I have five accounts on my Nextel line. The other four wanted to upgrade
this week which is fine. But craziness set in and it still isn't solved.
I need a new phone but because I odered one last Fall and sent it back
because I needed the 2-way I can't upgrade til Aug. I can pay
the full price however. So once again I decided to play it smart (or pray ha).
Last night I ordered a new battery for mine, which should
take care of the problems.

My head and neck have hurt all week. I discovered I was playing to much MahJong
on the computer ha. A game that relaxes me but hurts my arm and neck.

I think I am looking forward to Monday, A NEW WEEK!.

4 comments:

Deb said...

It is neat to see God work in our lives, but sometimes the waiting is a little stressful for us humans. We don't always do that very gracefully.
I trust you have a better week.
Deb

JoEllen K. said...

WOW! You know as 'we' get older, these little things seem so much more complicated and really stress us out more than they used to. Some days I wish the phone would stop ringing and I didn't have calls to make. Then I look back and see that I didn't get much else done! Praying that you will have a better week! jk

Classy Lady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Classy Lady said...

Thanks for the comments Deb & JoEllen..
Stress and age have a way of creeping up.