Monday, January 21, 2008

Do you ever feel silly?

Do you ever feel silly some days and say
something that didn't make sense?

One time when I worked at Olan Mills Photography
to cover a week vacation for a friend I worked in the
telephone ad dept.
I would have to identify who I was and the company and then
proceed with the sales pitch.
So with my last name being Mills, I would say "Hello, this is Sharon Mills
calling from Olan Mills"... well that got too confusing. So I dropped
my last name and all was good.

Til years later I was thinking about it and thought.I should have said,
"Hello, this is Sharon Mills calling for Olan Mills, my dad has some really
good bargains today."

Isn't it crazy how some things can be so funny for you and of course no
one else. Had to be there kind of thing.




Well it happened to me again last week. My mom had given me this

really neat turtle that belong to my grandma. I didn't know whose it was,

I just like turtles. I had one for a pet when I was a kid.

So when I came in the other day I took my watch off and laid it

on the turtle. I said, "Now that porpoise has a purpose".



And I had to chuckle a little.

But I looked it up and turtles aren't porpoises ha.

I had been talking to my aunt about people having a purpose.

Anyway it was one of those moments that was funny to me.

A few years ago God and I came to an understanding about my
"sense of humor"


HE MADE ME; HE LIKES IT; AND I'M HAPPY.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

porpoises are to turtles like blonds are to redheads!! hhahahaha ya gotta be one to understand that one!!! Just remember your moms "white elephant" joke book. hahahah
Love ya, LaydieAnne***

Anonymous said...

By the way... thank you for the plug for my Poetry on 360!
Love ya,
LaydieAnne

Classy Lady said...

My friend, Sue said:
Neat turtle..love the story..turtle/tortoise(see u weren't too far off!!)haha.

So I feel better now ha.
Sharon

tacomom said...

Sounds like something my mother would have said. Really! Are you English? She had a very different humor and blamed it on being English. Too funny :)